Thread 6232
      Anonymous
      No.6232
      1443198585...gif
      - 221.65 KB
      (200x200)
      B: /b/R: 26

META THREAD ALERT

I think any talk about norms/normies/normalfags/etc has a detrimental effect on kissu or any other site. Ideological purity tests rarely have a beneficial effect, as I think people visiting here want a more laid back attitude in which a perceived hierarchy is not of anyone's concern. Personally, I don't care if you're the president of Kenya, or a serial killer, or a hermit hasn't seen the sun in 40 years as long as you're nice here.
      I don't propose a ban on it, but I think people really try to avoid these dick measuring contests. What say you?

2. Post Info
      Thread 6233
      Anonymous
      No.6233

chill out, normoblaster
      yeah, I hate it. It reeks of r9k

3. Post Info
      Thread 6234
      Anonymous
      No.6234

I think people obsess over purity too much in general. I don't really care if someone "fits in" on an imageboard, I just want them to contribute good content.

4. Post Info
      Thread 6236
      Anonymous
      No.6236
      [Erai-raws...jpg
      - 78.09 KB
      (614x304)

i have a job

5. Post Info
      Thread 6239
      Anonymous
      No.6239

Can someone summarize this issue?

6. Post Info
      Thread 6240
      Anonymous
      No.6240

>>6236
      What job is it?

7. Post Info
      Thread 6241
      Anonymous
      No.6241
      [SubsPleas...jpg
      - 246.77 KB
      (1280x720)

>>6239
      Most recently some guy(s) attacked another guy and labeled him a 'norm' in the blog thread, because for some reason they didn't expect blogging in it or something. He said he was going to stop posting on kissu as a result, but I really hope he reconsiders.
      It doesn't feel right to moderate it, but it's I'm also growing tired of venomous people pushing out good posters because of their stupid purity tests. It reeks of /a/ and I hate that place so god damn much

8. Post Info
      Thread 6242
      Anonymous
      No.6242

>>6241

Thank you for your concise summarization.

It sounds like a common social group phenomenon, I would be more surprised if a community did NOT occasionally experience something similar.

In this case, what kind of people does the 'in' group comprise of? The OP appears to indicate that it is 'normal' people. However, I would argue that if someone is posting here, they are already past 'normal'...

9. Post Info
      Thread 6243
      Anonymous
      No.6243
      [SubsPleas...jpg
      - 149.94 KB
      (1280x720)

>>6242
      >In this case, what kind of people does the 'in' group comprise of?
      The point is that there isn't supposed to be one. The 'in' group are the people that post on kissu

10. Post Info
      Thread 6245
      Anonymous
      No.6245

>>6241
      The person in question came out and said he doesn't care what people think of him. He doesn't care what we think? Then I don't care about him and his blogging that doesn't care about me. It's ridiculous that you'd fall for such cheap emotional blackmail. Should I say that this thread is persecution and announce my leaving over it? Would you suddenly delete this thread and create another for people to openly discuss their "grievances" with the community?

Everybody wants gatekeeping until the spammy wannabe riajuu who "reluctantly" goes to all the parties and talks about getting smashed in a 2D/random message board under spoiler tags is gatekept.

11. Post Info
      Thread 6246
      Anonymous
      No.6246

>>6245
      Please do not misuse spoilers.

12. Post Info
      Thread 6247
      Anonymous
      No.6247

Gatekeeping the wrong people out kills a community, just as failing to gatekeep the right people out does. I don't see much risk of this site getting flooded by 'normies' (although that could always change in the future) whereas the possibility of excluding potentially constructive posters through excessively high community standards is much more realistic. In this case I think gatekeeping is unwarranted and is likely to do more harm than good.

13. Post Info
      Thread 6248
      Anonymous
      No.6248

teenmin thread award

14. Post Info
      Thread 6249
      Anonymous
      No.6249

teenmin dindu nuffin

15. Post Info
      Thread 6250
      Anonymous
      No.6250

that's exactly what a norm would say, opee

16. Post Info
      Thread 6251
      v
      No.6251
      1606504087...png
      - 977.44 KB
      (1000x1000)

tell me when this thread reaches a consensus so i can do something about it

17. Post Info
      Thread 6252
      Anonymous
      No.6252

ban the norms that use the word norm

18. Post Info
      Thread 6253
      Anonymous
      No.6253

I think there should be ""some"" elitism to ensure that the website is not turned into a culture-war bullshit for either side (/pol/ and /lpol/ die in a hole).
      Or maybe we shouldn't discuss our lives in general, that blogging should be verboten.

19. Post Info
      Thread 6255
      Anonymous
      No.6255

>>6241
      Were those his first posts in the thread or were some of the earlier rude "stop blogging" threads him? The thing to look out for here is whether it's just him expressing his displeasure about a post and getting into an argument or a pattern of posts intended to harass a specific target.

20. Post Info
      Thread 6256
      Anonymous
      No.6256

>>6253
      >I think there should be ""some"" elitism to ensure that the website is not turned into a culture-war bullshit for either side (/pol/ and /lpol/ die in a hole).
      Yes to this, but we already do it.
      Elitism in the sense of thinking our community is good and wanting it to be better is an important positive quality. (Although we have to be careful that the particular methods we use to gatekeep are chosen based on effectiveness and not based on blowing off anger.)

>Or maybe we shouldn't discuss our lives in general, that blogging should be verboten.

That's going overboard.

21. Post Info
      Thread 6257
      Anonymous
      No.6257

>>6245
      It's the blog thread, though. It's where people go to talk about themselves and their life. I don't want to get too much into that specific example apart from it starting when someone invoked the 'norm' thing

>>6251
      It's not something moderation is needed for, really. It's far better to talk about it and try to change minds.

22. Post Info
      Thread 6258
      Anonymous
      No.6258

Maybe because I'm new to this site I don't quite understand.

What are the 'anti-norms' expecting in a post in the blog board? What kind of stories do they want rather than what was posted?

23. Post Info
      Thread 6259
      Anonymous
      No.6259

>>6258
      I assume it's about the work complaints

24. Post Info
      Thread 6260
      Anonymous
      No.6260
      166c978601...jpg
      - 304.46 KB
      (1940x2048)

>>6259
      So are you telling me there's a stinky NEET who needs punishing?

25. Post Info
      Thread 6261
      Anonymous
      No.6261

>>6260
      whap'im good

26. Post Info
      Thread 6262
      Anonymous
      No.6262

>>6258
      there are people who like to talk about problems that exist in their head

27. Post Info
      Thread 6268
      Anonymous
      No.6268

>>6253
      >>6256
      The issue with active gatekeeping, especially on imageboards, is that most of the people doing it are either autistic neophobes who hate change even when it's positive, and squeaky wheel types who voice their own personal opinions as if they speak for the whole community.

New Reply